Saturday, November 7, 2015

DVD Review: Miracle Maker: A Christmas Tale



Miracle Maker: A Christmas Tale
2015, 90 minutes, PG
My Rating=5 Stars
Source: Received a link to view this movie for an honest review

It all starts with one little seed of love."The Miracle Maker is coming!" Everyone in the tiny hamlet is excited when they hear the news that the renowned man of wonders is coming to their village. But the humble traveler who appears isn't what anyone expected. They were looking forward to someone magnificent who would change their lives. But it seems this man can barely take care of himself, let alone fulfill the dreams of others. However, miracles can come in all shapes and sizes-and sometimes from unexpected places.

This is the story of a small town that is struggling. Mr. Booth owns the town and he's a bit of a miser. He's firm and controls his daughter's life. We learn about some different families that are having difficulties keeping current on their rent. After a sermon on miracles, the children decide they need a miracle maker and soon that's the talk of the town. A young boy who hasn't spoken since the death of his parents sends a pigeon with a message. They soon receive a telegraph that a miracle maker is coming. When he arrives, though, he wasn't what they were expecting.

This is a fantastic family film! I watched it with my children and we all enjoyed watching the transformation that happened in the town during the course of the movie. I enjoyed all the characters and thought the people of the town were portrayed well. I love Jasen Wade (the "Miracle Maker") and enjoyed his interactions with the townspeople. I especially got a kick out of how he paid for his bread. Even though times were tough, it's not all doom and gloom and there is some humor as well. There are two older women who have an opinion on everything and a young girl who isn't afraid of anyone in town.

Hearts were softened and friendships were formed or renewed. There were times I found myself waiting for something big to happen and took a few minutes when it was finished to reflect on the overall message and how it relates to me in my life. The message of love, hope, forgiveness, and miracles is one that I especially enjoy this time of year but I plan to watch it throughout the year as the message is timeless.


0 comments:

Post a Comment