Monday, July 8, 2013

Book Review: Beyond a Doubt by Felicia Rogers


Beyond a Doubt by Felicia Rogers
ebook, 242p, 2013
Content=Clean, My Rating=4 stars
Source: Provided a copy from Astraea Press for an honest review

Bryce Cameron is finally going home. Years spent away have him longing for the craggy landscapes from his childhood.

Lucy Lombard is on a mission. The mantel she carries was never meant for her possession yet it has been passed to her anyway. Alone and in danger, Lucy stumbles onto her greatest find.

Rescuing Bryce is either a blessing or a curse but regardless time is running out. With Bryce's help can Lucy fulfill her mission or will she be too late?
(Goodreads)

Bryce Cameron is on his way home to Crissy, the woman of his dreams and he's ready to settle down with her. He's not sure how he'll be received so he decides to stop at the lake to take a quick bath and nearly drowns. Lucille Lombard is traveling through the area and rescues him. As soon as Bryce becomes conscious, they start fighting and he tries to leave but she convinces him to help her on her important mission. He agrees but isn't too happy about it. All he wants is to get home to Crissy and his sheep. 

This is book 4 in the Renaissance Hearts series. This is also the first book I've read in this series (yes, I realize I've done this before). Bryce Cameron is introduced in Book 2, By God's Grace, and this is his story. 

I really felt that this was a good stand alone book. I could tell there were characters that had been introduced in previous stories and if you've read the series from the beginning, it's always fun to check in with those characters to see what they're doing. However, I didn't feel like any of it detracted from Bryce's story and I enjoyed reading about him. He and Lucy had great interactions with each other and I enjoyed how their relationship developed. I thought it was well written and felt that the plot moved along well. Lucy had enough secrets to keep me guessing throughout the book and wanting to learn more about her. 

If you've started this series, you'll definitely want to finish it out by reading this book. If you're looking for clean, historical romance, this is a series worth checking out! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the books and have included links to them so you can read more about them.


0 comments:

Post a Comment