Friday, February 10, 2017

Valentine's Day Countdown Blitz, Day 11: Returned by Kimberley Griffiths Little




When Kimberley was a kid she read a book a day, scribbled stories, and dreamed about having her very own book on the library shelf. After growing up in San Francisco, she now lives in an adobe house on the banks of the Rio Grande with her big, messy family.

Kimberley once stayed in the haunted tower room at Borthwick Castle in Scotland and didn't sleep a wink, sailed the Seine in Paris, rode a camel in the ancient world wonder of Petra, shopped the Grand Bazaar in Istanbul, and spent the night in an old Communist hotel in Bulgaria. She adores anything old and musty with a secret story to tell.

The author of 10 award-winning middle-grade and Young Adult novels with Scholastic and Harpercollins, Kimberley makes way too many cookies when she's writing - and the best book trailers in the universe. Check them out here: www.kimberleygriffithslittle.com. Please find her on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Youtube.

Awards: Southwest Book Award, Whitney Award for Best Youth Novel, Whitney Award Finalist, Association of Mormon Letters of Art Award, Bank Street College Best Books of 2011, 2013, and 2015, Crystal Kite Finalist, New Mexico Book Award Finalist, and Arizona/New Mexico Young Adult Book Award Winner.

Connect with the Author here: 


After tragedy strikes on the day they were to wed, Jayden must support Kadesh as he ascends the throne and becomes king of Sariba. But with the dark priestess Aliyah conspiring to control the crown, and the arrival of Horeb, Jayden’s former betrothed, Kadesh’s kingdom, as well as his status as king, is at stake.

Jayden knows that the time to be merciful has come and gone, and that some enemies can only be halted by death. Now she and Kadesh must prepare to fight not only for their love, but also for their kingdom.

Perfect for fans of Cleopatra’s Moon and the adult bestseller The Red Tent, this is the final book in the epic trilogy that began with Forbidden and Banished.


Top Ten List:
Things I love & fun facts:

1. I adore chocolate frosted cinnamon roll donuts.
2. Snuggling with my kiddos and a stack of book.
3. My Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) blanket that my daughter made me for Christmas.
4. I love to belly dancing—and even performed a couple of times! It’s great exercise and so beautiful and earthy.
5. I’m a purple girl! And I’m lucky because my birthstone is amethyst.
6. The black & white original TV show, I Love Lucy still makes me laugh—even though I only ever saw it in re-runs, of course!
7. Since I was five-years-old, my grandpa would give me a heart-shaped box of chocolates on my birthday—which is also Valentine’s Day. When I got married, my husband got instructions from my family to continue the tradition, including baking me a heart-shaped cake with the cake pans my mother gifted to him.
8. Two days after my 11th birthday, I fell off a broken clothes hamper, gashed up my leg, and was rushed to the hospital to get 60 stitches.
9. Three years ago I rode a camel in the ancient world wonder of Petra, Jordan.
10. I have a wall carving in my house of King Tut and his Queen Ankhesenamen that’s a replica of his actual Pharaoh’s Throne found in his tomb.


To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page 


-->

0 comments:

Post a Comment