Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Grand Finale Blitz: Heir of Thunder by Karissa Laurel


On Tour with Prism Book Tours.

Book Tour Grand Finale for

Heir of Thunder
By Karissa Laurel

An epic fantasy about a girl who must face losing all to gain what is hers. We hope you enjoyed the tour! If you missed any of the stops, go back and check them out now...

Launch - Author Interview

1. What is your motivation behind HEIR OF THUNDER? Why did you want to write it?

Quite a few years ago (2008 to be precise) Cold Play released 'Viva La Vida', and I fell in love with that song, particularly the opening lines:

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

Listening to that song, I got a pretty instant vision of a character who was powerful, but lost her kingdom somehow. That idea evolved into HEIR OF THUNDER. Evie was never really the ruler of her kingdom, but she had always supposed that she would be. That possibility is ripped away from her before she gets the chance to find out what kind of queen she could be.

Katie's Clean Book Collection - Excerpt

A rumble of thunder woke me. I shifted under my quilts, turned towards my window, and searched the sky for clouds. Storms always made me smile; made me feel a little less lonely.

Wishful Endings - Excerpt

My bedroom door flew open, and Gerda rushed in still wearing her rumpled nightgown. The braid she wore for sleeping had slackened during the night, and stiff rust-colored curls sprang around her face. Fear and worry crackled from her like static from a wool blanket. “Evie, my dear, you’ve got to get dressed.” She pulled me to my feet and yanked my sleeping gown over my head.

Rockin' Book Reviews - Excerpt

Gerda backed out of my wardrobe, wide rump first, and turned to face me. A stern expression hardened her face as she clamped her hands to her hips, and in a sharp tone said, “You are our main concern, Evie. Let’s get you safely away, and then I’ll worry about myself.”

Live Laugh & Love Books - Excerpt

Another explosion rocked the floor, and Gerda stumbled against the wardrobe. She leaned on the heavy piece of furniture until she regained her footing. The house shook and groaned as something structural gave way. Yells and shouts carried up from the lower floors.

Beck Valley Books - Excerpt

I hugged her again and dashed out the door.
In the hallway, several of the house’s other occupants hurried past me in various states of dress. Tolick, the all-purpose houseboy, ran toward the stairwell. He had managed to button on his trousers but had neglected to remove his nightcap.

The Silver Dagger Scriptorium - Excerpt

Would we return before the ivy took over? Would the house survive long enough for it to matter?
I ran past the garden’s iron gates and my breath puffed in thin, vaporous spurts. Spring had arrived less than two weeks ago, and the mornings still lingered in the recent days of winter. I pulled up my hood and wrapped my cloak tighter around me as a shield against the cold.

Falling Leaves - Excerpt

“Evie, what are you doing?” Gideon’s unmistakable bellow interrupted my thoughts. My father’s young horse master waited at the gate of the small paddock beside the stables, clutching two reins in his fist. One leather line led to his giant black stallion, Gespenst—a Dreutchish name meaning specter, or ghost. The other tether led to my horse, Nonnie, a gray-coated mare with a dappled rump.

Christy's Cozy Corners - Excerpt

“Gideon, what’s happening?” I jogged toward him. Something exploded behind me, and the aftershock sent me stumbling, but Gideon’s free hand shot out and latched around my elbow. I locked eyes on his stoic face and refused to look back.


Don't forget to enter the fabulous giveaway below...

Heir of Thunder (Stormbourne Chronicles, #1)
Heir of Thunder
(Stormbourne Chronicles #1)

by Karissa Laurel
YA Fantasy
Paperback & ebook, 288 pages

October 14th 2016 by Evolved Publishing

The Lord of Thunder’s sudden death leaves his daughter, Evelyn Stormbourne, unprepared to rule Inselgrau in his place. Weeks before Evie’s ascension to the throne, revolutionaries attack and destroy her home. She conceals her identity and escapes under the protection of her father’s young horse master, Gideon Faust. Together they flee Inselgrau and set sail for the Continent, but they’re separated when a brutal storm washes Evie overboard.

In her efforts to reunite with her protector and reach allies on the Continent, Evie befriends a band of nomads who roam the world in airships fueled by lightning. She also confronts a cabal of dark Magicians plotting to use her powers to create a new divine being, and she clashes with an ancient family who insists her birthright belongs to them.

If she’s to prevail and defeat her enemies, Evie must claim her heritage, embrace her dominion over the sky, and define what it means to be Heir of Thunder.



Karissa Laurel lives in North Carolina with her kid, her husband, the occasional in-law, and a very hairy husky. Some of her favorite things are coffee, chocolate, and super heroes. She can quote Princess Brideverbatim. She loves to read and has a sweet tooth for fantasy, sci-fi, and anything in between.

Sometimes her husband convinces her to put down the books and take the motorcycles out for a spin. When it snows, you’ll find her on the slopes.

Karissa also crafts, paints, draws, and harbors a grand delusion that she might create a graphic novel someday.


Midnight Burning (The Norse Chronicles, #1) Arctic Dawn (The Norse Chronicles, #2)

Tour Giveaway

2 winners will receive a signed copy of HEIR OF THUNDER (US only)

1 winner will receive a $20 Amazon eGift Card (open internationally)

Ends November 19th
Grab Our Button!

0 comments:

Post a Comment