Friday, January 25, 2013

The Reluctant Bachelorette

I have lots of sisters (6 to be exact!) and we all love reading to varying degrees. One of my sisters, Alisa Hancock, writes great reviews and I'll share some of hers from time to time. Today is one of those days. We both read this book, The Reluctant Bachelorette by Rachael Renee Anderson and this is Alisa's review:

I loved this book! If you are looking for a fun, clean, romantic book, then this is definitely for you!

So many farmers in the town of Shelter Springs, Colorado are not making it financially. Many people have had to leave their farms, and many more are in danger of losing their farms (including Jessa's beloved aunt and uncle). Jessa and Taycee are best friends who love their town and will do (almost) anything to save it!

Jessa has a plan to save the city... Shelter's Bachelorette - an online version of The Bachelorette where the viewers pay to vote for which bachelors make the next round. The money they collect from the voters would be used to save the farmers.

Taycee didn't know when she was agreeing to Jessa's vague favor, that she was agreeing to be The Bachelorette. And now there are 20 guys flying into Shelter Springs to meet her... As if that isn't enough, Luke - the guy that got away 10 years ago - has just moved back to Shelter Springs and has been added as the 21st bachelor!

When Luke left for college 10 years ago, Taycee was his best friend's 14-year-old sister... So he felt no need to stay in touch with her. Taycee, on the other hand, was in love with him and felt abandoned by him when he left without ever looking back.

So the course to true love definitely isn't a direct route (especially with 20 other guys in the picture), but the twists and turns are a lot of fun -- I can't wait to read this book again!

I hope there is a sequel to this with Jake and Jessa's story! ;)


Alisa's Rating: 5 stars
  
I think if you're a fan of The Bachelor and/or The Bachelorette, you'll enjoy this book! It was a quick, fun, clean read which made me laugh out loud a few times!  I will definitely read this one again.

My Rating: 4.5 stars 

  

2 comments:

Jinky said...

I bought this when it was on sale for 99 cents. Still haven't gotten to it yet ..thanks for the reminder. --I don't watch The Bachelor/Bachelorette and not crazy about the clips I see (raunchy) when flipping channels but this book is clean so I'm good. :)

Melanie said...

I guess what I meant was that those who like the drama of The Bachelor/Bachelorette will enjoy this. You also might have flashbacks of your single days!

Post a Comment