Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Book Review: Run Run Run by Lee Strauss


Run Run Run by Lee Strauss
96p, 2014, Nursery Rhyme Suspense
My Rating=5 Stars
Source: Received a copy from the author for an honest review



FRINGE meets CASTLE in this New Adult Sci-fi Mystery Suspense.

College girl meets boy online.
A killer targets girls like her.
She's next on the list.
The boy wants to save her.
She thinks it's him.

It's worse than they both think.

RUN RUN RUN is the first part of a three part episode - Gingerbread Man - in the romantic suspense series, A Nursery Rhyme Suspense by Amazon best-selling author Lee Strauss.

Episode release dates:

Run Run Run - December 31
As Fast As You Can - January 7
You Can't Catch Me - January 14

Gingerbread Man (ep 1-3) complete - January 28


Teagan and Sage have been best friends since the 5th grade and they are now college roommates at Detroit University. Teagan is an artist who meets a guy online, Marlow, a self-proclaimed geek. Sage gets her to hang out with some friends one night and she meets a good-looking guy from one of her classes, Jake Wentworth. Pretty soon a rapist is loose on campus and Marlow starts saying things that make Teagan start to suspect him of being the rapist. Is he or is something else going on?

The story is told from four points of view: Teagan, Sage, Marlow and the predator. It drew me in right away and I couldn't turn the pages fast enough to find out what was going to happen next. I think I know what's happening but Lee Strauss is great at twisting her stories so that I don't see the ending coming.

I haven't watched FRINGE or CASTLE but I loved this suspenseful episode of Lee Strauss's new series! The bad news for me is that I need to wait a few more weeks to read more. The good news is that I only need to wait a few more weeks to read more so, even though it ends in a cliffhanger, I will soon be able to read the second installment! 

Content: Since this is a novel about a predator/killer, there are rape and assault scenes, but they're not graphic. 


Lee Strauss writes romantic mixed genres set in the past, present and future for YA and adult readers. She also writes light and fun stuff as Elle Strauss. She divides her time between BC, Canada and Dresden, Germany, and enjoys drinking coffee and eating chocolate in both places. Find out more at www.ellestraussbooks.com.

1 comments:

TheScribblingSprite said...

I can't believe I haven't read any of hers. Sounds like one I'd enjoy! Thanks for the great review.

Ally @ The Scribbling Sprite

Post a Comment