Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Book Review: Heir to Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson


Heir to Edenbrooke, by Julianne Donaldson
2015, 53p, Clean Regency Romance
My Rating=5 Stars
Source: Received a copy from the publisher for an honest review



Philip Wyndham has never envied his older brother for being the heir to Edenbrooke. He would much rather carve out his own destiny than live under the constraints of that position. But when his older brother dies unexpectedly, Philip's life is turned upside down as duty requires him to give up the life he planned. Philip takes on his new role as the most sought-after bachelor in London with alternating reluctance, boredom, and resentment. But all that changes the night fate leads him to an inn, where he meets the incomparable Marianne Daventry.

I read Edenbrooke 2-1/2 years ago and loved it! It got me interested in reading Regency romance again. I was excited to hear that this book was coming out.

This story is told from Philip's point of view. We learn what his thoughts were of society at the time and some of the women that he was running from. We also get his POV when he first meets Marianne and it was awesome!! I love, love, love this story and thought it was over way too soon. As soon as I turned the final page, I reread Edenbrooke because I needed more of Philip and Marianne. It had also been way too long since I last read it and I fell in love with it all over again!

If you love clean regency romance and haven't yet read Edenbrooke, it is a must read! This would be fun to read first since it ends near the beginning of Edenbrooke. I am definitely looking forward to more from Julianne Donaldson in the future!


Julianne Donaldson grew up as the daughter of a U.S. Air Force fighter pilot. She learned how to ski in the Italian Alps, visited East Berlin before the wall came down, and spent three years living next to a 500-year-old castle. After earning a degree in English, she turned her attention to writing about distant times and places. She lives in Utah with her husband and five children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment