Saturday, February 1, 2014

Read & Rate: Solstice by Jane Redd


SOLSTICE:

Four ways to get Banished from the last surviving city on earth are: 1. Cut out your emotion tracker, 2. Join a religious cult, 3. Create a rebellion against the Legislature, 4. Fall in love.

Jezebel James does all four.

Jez is on the fast-track to becoming a brilliant scientist, with one goal—to save her city from total extinction. Her caretakers have entrusted her with a secret plan to stop the rain from flooding the rest of the earth and start civilization anew. But the more Jez learns about the price of a fresh beginning, the more she realizes that carrying out the plan will lead to few survivors, and among the dead will be those she cares about the most.



This is a unique opportunity. Jane Redd is a pen name for Heather Moore, who has written Finding Sheba (you can read my review here) and many, many other books. Here's the information from her blog:

"Who's Jane Redd? Me! I wrote SOLSTICE in 2011, and I've decided to dust it off and enter it into a teen romance contest. Since the book is set in the future and written for the YA market, and quite a bit different than my other books, I chose a pen name.

You can read and rate it, along with other teen romances, on the website Swoon Reads. For the next 5 months, SOLSTICE will be at the mercy of the public... kind of scary considering I've never offered up one of my unpublished manuscript to the masses in this way.

I've love for you to check it out, rate it, make comments, the whole nine yards... then tell your friends... tell your TEENAGERS :-)"

So, this is super easy and it's all free. You set up an account with Swoon Reads, click on her book and read it. I read it and loved it! I want to read more, too, so I hope you'll join me in helping her get it published.

0 comments:

Post a Comment