Friday, February 1, 2013

Treasured Books

Tomorrow my book club is doing a book/bake sale for one of our members who is fighting breast cancer to help her with her medical expenses. I decided it was time to go through my books. I collected quite a few throughout the house that I was ready to part with. Then we went and hauled 12 boxes out of our storage unit and it's felt like Christmas again! 

My children hovered so they could claim some new treasures of their own. And they did. My daughter was interested in my Anne of Green Gables collection by Lucy Maud Montgomery (3 volumes in one: Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea, Anne's House of Dreams). We recently read a children's version and she loved it and is ready to read more. My son was interested in Star Wars, Episode 1, The Phantom Menace by Terry Brooks (there were four different covers done for this book and our cover has Queen Amidala on it). We're currently reading a Scholastic series by Jude Watson which is Star Wars: Jedi Apprentice and it's actually pretty good. I mostly say that because I like Star Wars but am not the biggest fan so when we started reading it, I thought it would be boring for me, but it isn't, so I've been pleasantly surprised.

I think I own just about every Mary Higgins Clark book there is. When I really started reading, she was one of the first authors I picked up and I loved her books. They started to feel the same to me after awhile so I think there's a few that I don't have, but her books will always have a place on my shelves.

I came across some Christmas books, children's books and reference books that I will keep out for now. And the others will be boxed up again waiting for the day when I have floor to ceiling bookshelves in my library and will be able to keep my books out at all times!

What are some of the books you treasure?





 

2 comments:

Alisa said...

Chronicles of Narnia
Gallagher Girls
Harry Potter series
Anything (and everything!) by Janette Rallison

Melanie said...

Good list! I love all of these as well. So many books...

Post a Comment