Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Book Review: I'm With You by Taylor Dean


I'm With You, by Taylor Dean
2014, 347p, Clean Contemporary Romance
My Rating=5 Stars
Source: Received copy from author for an honest review



Can three little words irrevocably change your life?

When the doctors inform Chloe Brennan that her pregnancy is “incompatible with life,” her subsequent choices will change her path forever.

She becomes one of the quiet, unsung heroes of this world, incredibly strong, yet somehow wrongly looked upon as damaged.

Three people will pierce Chloe’s existence: her husband, a stranger, and a precious baby.

One will say goodbye, one will say hello, and one will say both at the same time.

I’m With You is a novel about selfless love and the sacredness of life.

Please note: While this book is a romance novel, it also deals with the sensitive issue of baby loss grief. The emotions are real, and sometimes dark. If you are sensitive to this issue, this may not be the book for you.


I'm always glad to hear that Taylor Dean has a new book coming out. I have enjoyed every book I've read by her and she is definitely one of my favorite authors! I love that she takes on tough topics and shows the good that can come from less than ideal circumstances.

This book didn't disappoint--it is filled with loss, heartache, love and healing. Chloe is broken. From the summary, we have an idea of why, but it takes a while to learn the entire story. She suffers another devastating loss at the beginning and Jack enters her life. They slowly become friends and she's able to open up to him about her loss, and starts to fall in love with him. It's not smooth sailing for them, though.

My heart broke for both of them as they had to face what happened next and it was definitely something that could tear them apart. I don't want to say much more because this is a book you just need to experience for yourself! There were some twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I loved everything about this book and it was hard to put down once I started reading!

I knew from the topic of this book that I would be shedding tears, and I did many times. If you've ever lost a baby, for whatever reason, you will feel Chloe's grief and if you haven't, this will help you understand what someone who's dealing with the loss of a baby might be feeling. Taylor learned of Trisomy 18 when her daughter lost a baby this way. This book sheds light on this condition and her hope is to help others who are dealing with baby loss grief. 







Author Taylor Dean

Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it’s paranormal, contemporary, or suspense-you’ll find all sub-genres of CLEAN Romance in her line-up.

3 comments:

Taylor Dean said...

THANK YOU, Melanie, for a beautiful and lovely review. It wasn't an easy book to write, but I'm so glad I did it. Once done, I felt as though a weight had been lifted off of me. Very therapeutic. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing I'm With You. I LOVE your review.

Unknown said...

Oh, if you cried then I am going to cry like a little girl. I am so glad you liked it. I am thinking this will hit a little too close to home though. I am looking forward to reading it. Great review!

Melanie said...

Taylor, you're welcome! I'm glad you wrote it so the rest of us can share in your experience!

Paij, let me know what you think after you read it!

Post a Comment